The titanised mesh TiLOOP® Bra extends the musculus pectoralis major and facilitates the sub-pectoral breast reconstruction after a skin-sparing or nipple-sparing mastectomy.
Extra light and soft The TiLOOP® Bra extralight (16 g/m2) introduces the least amount of foreign material into the breast. This light weight material facilitates optimal tissue adaptation, which is of particular importance for the application in the sensitive breast area.
Optimal capsule quality Compared to simple polypropylene, the hydrophilic and titanised surface carries a reduced risk of inflammation1 and thus a reduced tendency towards the formation of connective tissue-like scars and shrinkage: combined with minimal weight and ides the ideal conditions for a permanent, stable result as well as both desirable tissue ingrowth and a vascularied, flexible, and therefore optimum capsule quality.
Excellent trial-history: proved quality
TiLOOP® Bra has been used in breast surgery since 2008. It has been subjected to numerous trials.
- Description: TiLOOP® Bra vs. ADM in immediate implant-based breast reconstruction, prospective, randomised
- Results: good cosmetic outcomes, high level of patient satisfaction and less implant loss with the TiLOOP® Bra
- Authors: Gschwantler-Kaulich et al., 2016
- Description: TiLOOP® Bra vs. corial flaps, in immediate implant-based breast reconstruction, prospective
- Results: better cosmetic results and less implant loss with the TiLOOP® Bra
- Authors: Rezai et al., 2015
- Description: TiLOOP® Bra in implant-based breast reconstruction, retrospective
- Results: TiLOOP® Bra is safe, and suitable for implant-based breast reconstruction
- Authors: Dieterich et al., 2013
Versatile TiLOOP® Bra can be used for both primary and secondary breast reconstruction. Further, the use of an expander is also an optional.
Surface weight comparison of synthetic meshes that are approved for breast-surgery in Europe. *Brochure SERAGYN® BR, Item No 801026 March 2015 **Brochure TiO2Mesh™ BRA, MDD104.02/2015-05
- Titanised Type 1a polypropylene mesh
- Weight: 16 or 35 g/m2
- Pore size: 1.0 mm
- Monofilament fabric
- Atraumatic, laser-cut edges
- EO-sterilised (ethylene oxide), pyrogen free
TiLOOP® Bra is intended for extension of the pectoralis major, in case of sub-pectoral, implant-based (permanent implant or expander) breast reconstruction. TiLOOP® Bra covers and fixes the caudal pole of the breast implant. The pectoralis major is protected from cranial movement.
One of the determining factors for successful breast surgery in the long term, is the correct decision for or against the use of tissue reinforcing material (synthetic mesh or ADM).
TiLOOP® Bra mesh implants* are made of Type 1a polypropylene mesh (macroporous, light & monofilament) with a titanised, hydrophilic surface. Compared to simple polypropylene, this offers a number of advantages, which are already known in the use of titanised mesh implants for hernia surgery, such as:
- better cell growth
- lower risk of inflammation
- less scarring3
- less shrinkage of the mesh
*TiLOOP® Bra mesh implants are not a tissue replacement.
Increased cell vitality of fibroblasts through polypropylene surface titanisation
TiLOOP® Bra serves to support, strengthen and bridge the body’s own tissue structures, as part of reconstructive and plastic-aesthetic breast surgery.
- Primary breast reconstruction, e.g., after a skin-sparing or nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Secondary breast reconstruction
- Replacement of breast implant